Saturday, August 7, 2010

Steering Team

Nicole Harper -
MOPS Coordinator

Nicole has been in MOPS for three years and this is her second year serving as Coordinator, “I love being around people. Being a stay-at-home mom can be isolating, but I love that MOPS gets me out and around other moms. It isn’t just social. I also love learning from the speakers and other moms.” Prior to joining MOPS, Nicole was an elementary school teacher and loved (almost) every minute of it.

Nicole loves the outdoors, but hates the Florida heat. You’ll find her outside when the weather cools off doing all sorts of fun things with her family - beach, parks, on the boat, the backyard- anything outdoors.

Most influential person to Nicole: My mom. She raised two very different daughters with love, grace, mercy and lots of patience. She showed me how you can love two very different children in two very special ways.

Kim Innes - Hospitality

Coming Soon!


















Amy Uppercue - MOPPETS
Amy has been in MOPS for two years. Not only is she the MOPPETS Coordinator, she also works as the Nursery Coordinator for Stetson Baptist Church and is great with children, "I want my children to know that the love of Jesus is greater than any other love they will ever know."

Amy is married to her husband Craig and has a beautiful daughter and one sweet pup!

In her spare time, Amy enjoys sewing and all sorts of other crafty things...and she's really good ;)

Fun Fact: My favorite book of the Bible is Ruth.

Jennifer Shaver - Publicity
Jennifer has been in MOPS for two years, "MOPS is a great group of women. I love getting to know everyone and bonding through all of our 'mom moments'."

Prior to being a stay-at-home mom, Jennifer worked in the Marketing & PR industry. She has been married to her husband Geoff for almost five years and they have one daughter.

Jennifer enjoys crafty hobbies - scrapbooking, embroidery and making seasonal home decorations.

Most influential person to Jennifer: By far my mom. She's lived out the example I want to be for my family, both as a wife and mother. I just love her to pieces!

Susan Garrison -
Discussion Group Leader

Susan has been a MOPS mom for six years. Having lived all over the state of Florida, Susan got her degree in Occupational Therapy from the University of Florida. Susan has been married to her high school sweetheart, Brian, for 13 years. Together they have three wonderful and playful boys – Riley, Ezra and Isaac.

Susan joined MOPS after first moving to the area and didn’t know anyone. Year after year she finds MOPS to be an oasis where she can be refreshed, inspired and encouraged while meeting new friends, “I leave the meetings ready to be the best mom, wife and child of God that I can be.”

Fun fact: In high school, I marched in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade wearing basically a bathing suit and froze my buns off!

Hannah Hoffmann -
Discussion Group Leader & Finance
Hannah has been a MOPS mom for six years. Originally from Georgia, Hannah went to UGA and is married to her husband Kris and has three boys - Luke, Eli and Judah.

Hannah enjoys reading and blogging when she's not busy being a mom.

Fun Fact: I met and married my husband in a span of less than five months and it's the best thing that ever happened to me :)

Corinne Kanski -
Discussion Group Leader
Corrine has been in MOPS for two years and loves MOPS, "MOPS has made me feel important and significant, and everything that God envisions me to be."

Originally from Pennsylvania, Corinne is married and has two children. Not only a mom, Corinne is also currently pursuing her Bachelor's degree in Christian Counseling.

Fun Fact: I've been on stage with Michael W. Smith.


Amy Orlando -
Discussion Group Leader

Amy has been in MOPS for three years and feels that MOPS encourages her to be a better mom, “I want my child to love God, love nature, respect others and love life.”

Amy also graduated from the University of Florida and loves nature, gardening and making fun projects with her son. Amy and her family enjoy eating dinner together and going on walks.

Fun fact: I owned and operated a chocolate store after college. YUM!












No comments:

Post a Comment